This role is currently work-from-home and will move to the office environment after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Job description: Python/Perl Developer
Team Profile:The Securities Reference Data department is responsible for provisioning data, which describes the basic terms and conditions of financial instruments that are available to be traded across the globe. The technology infrastructure developed and managed by this department is used by over 1000 internal applications used across all the core business functions of the Firm including sales, trading, risk and settlement.
Role Profile:One of the key functions of the Securities Reference Data technology platform is to develop infrastructure that distributes our data from our master repositories to various alternate technical platforms ensuring all data comes from appropriate authoritative sources and is solely maintained by this distribution technology. The team has embarked on an effort to close significant outstanding gaps in the data coverage handled by this technology, which will also include the build-out of several key services to progress future data integration strategy.
We are looking for a [Perl/Python] developer to join our team to help drive this critical project forward. You will be challenged to innovate and embrace change to deliver for our clients (IT or Operations), working with them to set priorities and drive an agile development process. You will get involved in all aspects of the SDLC including design and architecture. You will also have the opportunity to work with relational databases, messaging/transport services, caching technologies and test frameworks.
- Application development on robust, large-scale real-time systems in [Perl/Python]
- Provisioning of APIs or services for use by our internal technical platform
- Implementation of appropriate caching and messaging technologies
- [Intermediate|Strong] development experience with [Perl/Python]
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g., Sybase or DB2) to develop schema, stored procedures or native SQL
- Messaging experience, for example MQ
- Strong experience with unit testing- Unix/Linux experience- Good problem solving and analytical skills-Full understanding of software development lifecycle- Strong communication skills-Knowledge of Java is a plusThe ideal candidate is quick thinking, comfortable working across multiple technologies and can take ownership of critical problems throughout the full project lifecycle.
We work in a collaborative and results-oriented environment where effectiveness matters more than hours in the office or years on the CV. If this is you, even if not all the skills seem a perfect match, we would like to talk to you.