This role is currently work-from-home and will move to the office environment after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Job Position : Java Developer
The candidate should be a developer with working experience in Java application development. The candidate should have good communication skills, problem solving skills and business analysis skills.
- Strong proficiency in Core JAVA / J2EE and understanding OOP- Good knowledge on common Java frameworks and technologies, including Spring Framework, Hibernate / JPA.
- Experience on web services, including knowledge of REST / SOAP / XML/ JSON
- Experience in Java multiple-threading program is highly preferred
- Strong data analytical skills (SQL)
- Experience in SDLC process (e.g., Waterfall) and Agile Methodology (Scrum )
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional approach
- Financial industry knowledge, preferably in Sales & Trading or Investment Banking.
- Knowledge of Disclosure of Interest requirements is particularly beneficial.
- Knowledge of trades data, positions data, reference data.
- Familiar with Eclipse IDE- Familiar with Linux / Unix environment, including working with shell, ssh and / or other command line tools.
- Experience working in medium to large-scale development projects
DOI is a business function that monitors and reports on the Firm s ownership percentages in public companies in order to provide transparency to the markets / regulators. DOI also ensures the Firm does not breach industry, company or regulatory limits in jurisdictions in which it conducts business. The ideal candidate should not only have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks strategically. The candidate should respond well to change and quickly grasp new concepts in a dynamic regulatory landscape.